Monday 29 October 2012

The social butterfly's long weekend

The long weekend ended just as quickly as it arrived. By yesterday noon, I was starting to feel the blues creeping in again, wondering what horrors the new week will bring upon me.

Thursday night was tiring after a busy week at work and getting stuck in the rain and in heavy traffic because of the wet weather. I had forgotten where I had parked my car and in the darkness of the external carpark walked from one end to another searching for my vehicle.

Friday appeared to be a rather short day as I awoke from my peaceful slumber at about half past ten in the morning. In the evening, I had a wedding dinner to attend and that filled my itinerary for the whole night. It was an exciting night making new acquaintances and getting to see old faces from school, some of whom I haven't met for almost 10 years!

My Saturday started at approximately the same time as the day before. The only seemingly productive tasks I performed were to do my laundry, clean up my bedroom and the hallway and scrub the bathroom and toilet. I had my evening already reserved to have a long-awaited ramen-eating and beer-drinking session at SetiaWalk with old friends from my former workplace. In conjunction with Halloween, the pubs were all decorated for the occassion with bartenders donning spooky costumes.

Sunday morning was spent at the mall and I managed 50 per cent of my packing for my upcoming trip to Osaka next week in the afternoon. The evening was spent cooking beef sukiyaki at home and then helping to clean up the mess in the kitchen. The fun and excitement of making home-cooked sukiyaki made me forget about my blues until nightfall and then I felt down again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment