Wednesday 7 December 2011

The day I left a Big 4 accounting firm



After watching this YouTube video and literally rolling on the floor laughing my ass off, I highly recommend this video as a 'must watch' for anybody considering a career in accounting. This video speaks the bare naked truth of life in a Big 4 after peeling off all the superficial layers of glamour of a high-flying career with a Big 4.

17 September 2010 is the date I left a Big 4. To date, it's only been barely 15 months and I have no regrets, except for missing a few good friendships I'd made during my brief stint as a Big 4 accountant. Words cannot express the joy I felt the moment I walked out the office doors, into the lift and out of the lobby, never to return again! I felt liberated of all my grievances! To be free to see sunlight again! To be free to feel the warmth of the sun caressing my pale skin! Freedom to breathe fresh air again! I felt like a prisoner released from prison! Too long have I wandered lost in shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment