Monday 28 November 2011

Spring cleaning in November???

At last the long awaited long weekend has finally arrived! The last long weekend I had was a mere 3 weeks ago but it felt like an eternity waiting for this one to arrive!

So, what have I been up to today you might ask? Well, I started the day early at 8.30am which is very unusual for me. I went jogging this morning and did 5 rounds around the park. The fresh cool morning air plus bright sunshine somehow energised me to do more than my usual 4 rounds.

After that, I did some wardrobe spring cleaning. The pile of unfolded clothes in my wardrobe sits precariously high that one day an avalanche might happen! I have a lot of unused clothing lying in my wardrobe - some old, some hardly worn, some untouched. It's annoying every time I open the doors of my wardrobe and see lots and lots of clothes that I need to dive in head first to search for something to wear.

While sorting out each and every piece of garment in my wardrobe and separating the 'wanted' from the 'unwanted' in neat piles, I discovered that I have 2 brand new pairs of unused black socks for work, some unworn black T-shirts and a pair of Adidas trackpants and shorts and a pair of Arena swim shorts. Haha! No need to buy new exercise gear. More cash to spend on other things (wants, not necessities)!

What I put aside were mostly clothing from 2005 and before from high school, college and university days. Some are so old and faded, some don't fit, some just look terrible and not befitting of a working adult, and others have just lost their appeal. These days, my clothing choices are very limited. For 4 days, it's working attire (long-sleeved shirts and black trousers), Fridays are casual and the weekend is mostly shorts and T-shirts, with the occasional jeans and dress shirt (but I hate wearing those!).

I feel alot happier now that my wardrobe looks relatively bare compared to before the spring cleaning. I hope to keep it that way for a while until clothes start piling up again, which I predict would be in another 5 to 6 years. I shall donate my unwanted clothes to the less fortunate. Mum's colleague is going on a Mission trip to Cambodia next weekend. I hope they will find a new owner who will appreciate them more than I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment