Tuesday 7 February 2012

When I have too much free time...

I build Lego. Yes, that's right. I am an old twenty-something year old kid who still likes Lego.

Rather than waste this precious 4 day break, I got straight to work to start constructing one of my first Lego pirate sets - 6270 Forbidden Island, which was first released in 1989.


The set features 4 minifigures - Captain Redbeard, First Mate Rummey, Pirate and Imperial Soldier, an island motif base plate, a suspension bridge, a crow's nest, a trap-door leading to a prison, a cannon that actually fires, a treasure chest, a long boat with oars, Spinoza the monkey, Popsy the parrot and a shark with moving jaws.

This set provided endless hours of fun in my world of imagination as I pretended that the pirates defended their hideout from intruders and battled a man-eating shark that patrolled the waters surrounding their tiny island. Captain Redbeard would scour the surroundings from the crow's nest and would order his crew to fire the cannon at any intruding vessels that posed a threat to his secret hideout. Perhaps Captain Redbeard was guarding all his buried treasure.





Kraken attack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment