Monday 6 May 2013

Farewell trolls!!!

It's now the merry month of May and this is a long overdue update on what's been going on in my jaded little accountant life:

30 April was a day I was looking forward to as it was my final day at work. After 7 long, torturing months in this hellish workplace, it was finally my turn to redeem my life as a free spirit. Free from the chains that bound me to my desk 5 days a week, sometimes even 7 for more than 8 hours a day. I do not have anything nice to say or remember about this place; only seething hatred towards the entire system which is a failure. As a well-known multinational employer, you do acknowledge the fact of extremely high employee turnover but do nothing to address the problem. It's a vicious, endless cycle that will always bite you in the back. I did not pen the 'customary' final email that most resignees write, nor did I go around bidding farewell to each and every member of the team. Instead, I departed silently with my goodbyes and handshakes reserved only for those closest to me and with whom I enjoyed a great working relationship. I will miss my lunch buddies - all 3 of them. We went through a lot and shared our ups and downs together. We were also an awfully crazy lot always on the prowl for lots of fun and great food. But in life, we need to move on. Sweet memories of our lunches will always be cherished forever. And as for my working experience here, I can say that it has opened up an entirely new perspective of working in this industry and all I can say is that I will NEVER return.


 

1 comment: