Sunday 13 January 2013

My living hell

We're almost reaching the middle mark of the month of January tomorrow and I haven't written anything since the new year began. For one, I just completed my first year end accounting close and have been working round the clock for 10 whole days including weekends. The last 2 weeks of my life in this new company has been nothing but a living hell. I have stayed back to work in the office until after 11pm and on one day stayed until 2am just to meet the ridiculously tight deadlines of the accounting close. Getting by with insufficient sleep, I can feel that my eyes have shrunken and I can see dark circles starting to appear under my eyes. Well, I heard it's all over now and it will not come back to haunt me until a year's time when year end accounting close comes again. That is, IF I am still here to face the torment again. But still, I feel like a part of me has been scarred, and that scar will never fully heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment