Tuesday 18 September 2012

In a league of my own, seeking the unseekable

After having attended several interviews last week, I was informed that long hours are to be expected, as well as coming in on weekends without overtime pay. Just the very mention of long hours was enough to put me off and make me sound apprehensive about accepting the job, should the I be offerred the role. In my previous role, the latest I stayed until was 11pm but that was not on a regular basis (fortunately!). But at the interview, I was told that 11pm is still considered early.

If these employers expect me to conform to their expectations where the longer you stay in the office the better, then I shall bid them hasta la vista babe! Sorry, but I know what I want and it isn't an entrenched work culture of whoever stays the latest is the most hardworking. I will keep on searching until I find the right one. But as the title of this post goes, I am 'in a league of my own, seeking the unseekable...'

No comments:

Post a Comment