Saturday 30 June 2012

All good things must come to an end

All good things must come to an end. Even the online game Restaurant City is not spared. It's sad to see one of my favourite online games shutting down. I was first introduced to this game in early 2009 from observing my friends' and colleagues' facebook activities and have been hooked since then. Back then, it seemed like a race to be at the very top of the leaderboard.

Every now and then, I would look forward to the release of a brand new theme with new recipes, challenges and decorational and functional items. This is especially so nearing any major festive season such as Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas. I remember on the day of my Taxation paper, while waiting to be admitted into the exam hall, my colleague and I were chatting animatedly about Restaurant City instead of seriously discussing complex tax issues. We still managed to obtain our Distinctions.

I've gone from a Middle East-inspired theme with moorish archways, to a minimalist approach, then a goth with spikes and candles, an Egyptian pyramid with sarcophagi and statues of Anubis, a gingerbread house complete with sugar and icing windows, a Spanish patio, a nightclub, a spa resort with a swimming pool, sunning deck, jacuzzi and sauna, a haunted house with ghouls, ghosts, vampires and mummies, and finally a cabaret lounge. Below are the final moments of  my very own restaurant in Restaurant City before it closed down on 29 June 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment