Sunday 25 March 2012

Two weeks

Two weeks are all that stand between me and my holiday in Japan. Two gruelling weeks to be exact as I have lots going on both at work and at home! I started to pack a little this weekend. I managed to stuff some jackets, sweaters, some plain long sleeve shirts, some T-shirts and a toiletries bag. I'm trying not to pack too much as I would like to leave ample space for shopping. Although I heard that shopping in Japan isn't too great because of the currency conversion, I think it's an experience not to be missed. I'll be keeping an eye out for unique souvenirs, 'gashapon' (Japanese capsule toys), Choya (Japanese plum alcohol) and loads of snacks to be shared with the folks in the office.

Just last Friday we celebrated a birthday for one of the girls in the office at a fancy Japanese restaurant. We called it our day trip to Japan as we managed to get our own private room for 12 which was decorated in a very quaint, minimalist Japanese manner and had a very authentic feel to it. It was my first time ordering salmon sashimi as a main course - normally I would have it as a side dish but this time I decided to tickle my tastebuds with something different for a change, rather than my usual unagi and curry ramen. For RM25.50 including taxes (approximately US$8.50) , it was well worth the money I paid for it. I will definitely be back again, but after my trip to Japan, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment