Wednesday 11 January 2012

Jinxed

On what I thought would turn out to be a fine day, my morning was jinxed. When I unlocked the front door to leave for work, the foot rug was out of place. It looks like the neighbourhood cats were having an orgy last night and messed up the front of my doorstep. I bet they even peed on it! Today, I left for work 10 minutes earlier than usual but arrived 10 minutes later. The traffic crawl on the highway was ridiculously bad and I have no idea why. There was no rain, no accidents. What usually takes between 25 to 30 minutes took 40 minutes today! And when I took the steps up to the basement lift, I received a cold wet drop of water from some leaking pipe above the staircase. It just had to drip on me today after almost a year of successfully avoiding the leaks. And when I arrived at my office, I realised that I had left my paper bag containing my breakfast at home on the bench outside my front door. I bet the cats will be having a feast after exhausting all their energy on the intense orgy last night! ROARRR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment