Sunday 4 September 2011

The day before tomorrow

My nice long break ends today. Tomorrow, it's back to work on full throttle. I anticipate a lot of unread emails in my inbox and urgent work to be done after an absence of 9 days. Prioritise! Prioritise! That's the key to surviving and not getting overly stressed and burnt out from work. After all, work is just work. There's so much more to life than getting stressed out over office work. Perhaps this is my optimistic motto to surviving in the workplace.

As a wise and really nice-guy senior manager once told me "Tomorrow can worry about itself", I will not worry about tomorrow tonight. Instead, I will switch on my air-conditioning in my bedroom, lie on my psychedelic ESPRIT bedsheets in my new Urban Spirit and N2N pyjamas and read Fujio F. Fujiko's Doraemon comics. What a nice way to chill out on a Sunday night!

Doraemon was the very first comic I read during my primary school days back in the early to mid 90's. It would also be the only Japanese manga comic that I truly appreciate. My brother's a huge fan of Japanese manga comics, especially Ranma 1/2, Keroro and Dragon Ball but I just can't see the appeal. Doraemon is very original as the gadgets in each mini story are out of this world. My all-time favourite would be the "Everywhere door" as it has the ability to take you anywhere and everywhere. Extremely useful here since I hate driving through the peak hour traffic congestion in the morning and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment