Tuesday 8 February 2011

How I celebrate Chinese New Year

While most Chinese look forward to celebrating CNY as it is a time of feasting, celebrating, spending time with family and friends, I on the other hand do not enjoy CNY except for the long public holidays. Here are 10 reasons why I hate CNY:

1. I hate wearing red coloured clothing
2. I hate listening to CNY tunes
3. I hate watching gaudy CNY music vids
4. I hate the sound of firecrackers exploding
5. I hate the throngs of CNY shoppers at the malls
6. I hate visiting distant relatives whom I only see once a year
7. I hate nosey aunts who ask a multitude of personal questions
8. I hate it that most shops and restaurants are closed
9. I hate receiving emails about horoscopes for the new year
10. I hate myself for pigging on waxed meat and Chinese sausages

This is how I celebrate CNY at home:

No comments:

Post a Comment